Responding to Resistance: Sitting with ourselves and others in challenging times
Resistance is a normal human response, in the face of fear, loss, uncertainty, or to the way things are–within ourselves and in the world. “Just let it be” can be easy to say… and very very difficult to do. And yet, we understand this as key to our practice of liberation. Can we truly see resistance as a doorway to peace? This retreat will explore meeting this important part of our experience wisely, as a direct invitation to freedom, skillful action, and even to happiness, in the midst of our world.
Jeanne is a Community Dharma Leader with the Saskatoon Insight Meditation Community, and a participant in the 2017-2021 IMS Teacher Training Program.
To save to your computer, right-click (or control-click) the links, and choose Save As (or equivalent selection)
- Friday evening talk – Relaxing our Resistance to Resistance
- Saturday morning instruction
- Saturday morning body scan
- Saturday afternoon dharma talk – Responding to Resistance
- Saturday afternoon guided practice – Sitting with Challenging Experiences
- Saturday evening metta – abiding in kindness and closing chant
- Sunday morning instruction
- Sunday morning meditation (open awareness)
Or via Dropbox folder