This is for a past event. For current events, please visit our Upcoming Events page.
Responding to Resistance:
Sitting with ourselves and others in challenging times
A residential/non-residential weekend retreat with Jeanne Corrigal
January 24-26, 2020, at Queen’s House Retreat & Renewal Centre, Saskatoon
Resistance is a normal human response, in the face of fear, loss, uncertainty, or to the way things are–within ourselves and in the world. “Just let it be” can be easy to say… and very very difficult to do. And yet, we understand this as key to our practice of liberation. Can we truly see resistance as a doorway to peace? This retreat will explore meeting this important part of our experience wisely, as a direct invitation to freedom, skillful action, and even to happiness, in the midst of our world.
Friday evening talk open to all
The Friday evening talk is open to the public on a donation basis. No pre-registration is required.
Friday, January 24, 7-9 PM, Queen’s House Retreat & Renewal Centre
Fee for meals and accommodation
- Residential option: $245 if registered on or before January 10; $275 after that date.
- Includes single room, breakfast, lunch and dinner January 25 and breakfast and lunch on January 26.
- Commuter option: $125 if registered on or before January 10; $155 after that date.
- Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner January 25 and breakfast and lunch on January 26.
- Scholarship support is available, if cost is a barrier.
The retreat fee covers only the retreat costs: teacher travel, food, rental, incidental expenses, etc. Towards the end of the retreat, there is an opportunity for participants to practice generosity through offering financial support to Jeanne, in appreciation.
Online registration is available via this link:
A downloadable poster and registration form is available here:
About our Teacher
Jeanne is a Community Dharma Leader with the Saskatoon Insight Meditation Community, and a participant in the 2017-2021 IMS Teacher Training Program.
Sponsored by the Saskatoon Insight Meditation Community