We are a community of experienced and beginning meditation practitioners in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, who find support in sharing our meditation practice.
Our vision is to create a community of inclusivity and belonging in which we learn, practise, and integrate the Early Buddhist teachings of wisdom, compassion, and lovingkindness, in our daily lives and in our communities.
We are also committed to ensuring that our teachers are well qualified and grounded in extensive practice. Our Guiding Teacher, Jeanne Corrigal, is a certified Insight Meditation Teacher with Spirit Rock Meditation Center and is a participant in the Insight Meditation Society’s 4 year Teacher Training Program, with Joseph Goldstein. She teaches a weekly sitting group, classes, and retreats. Our core actives are offered freely, through the dana (generosity) tradition. Each year we offer retreats with visiting teachers who share a wide range of Buddhist practices and viewpoints with our community and the interested public.
In our sangha, we acknowledge that we are all part of Treaty 6, which is the traditional land of the Cree, Nakota, Dakota, and Saulteaux peoples, and the traditional homeland of the Métis Nation.
To learn more, please see the page Reconciliation.
We want to join our voices to stand for care, compassion, safety, dignity, and justice for all people in the world, in the face of the racism that is being more widely revealed at this time. Our hearts are with the Indigenous people and People of Colour who have known the reality of this suffering for generations.
This is a wound which affects all our hearts. Many leaders in the anti-racist movement have identified mindfulness as a key part of wise response – a powerful path to heal the trauma of racism for Indigenous people and People of Colour, and to support white people in unwinding racist conditioning internally, and externally. And so we want to offer meditation as best we can, in our ongoing support of Reconciliation amongst all cultures, with our fall programming.
We invite you to join us!
- Weekly group meditation: All are welcome!
- When: Every Wednesday evening, 7:00 to 8:15 PM Saskatchewan time.
- Live-streaming in response to COVID-19: Our Wednesday in-person sit is suspended for now as a caring action in response to the coronavirus. And, we are going to move our group to an online format, so that we can stay connected as a community, and support each other in this time.
- Please register with this link to get the Zoom meeting information:
- The cost is by donation/dana.
- Our sitting group is led by our Guiding Teacher, Jeanne Corrigal, and occasionally by other experienced practitioners or guest teachers.
- For those who cannot join us live, we will record the meditation and talk by Jeanne and share those to our Facebook page after the session is done.
- Extended Practice Discussions (monthly)
8:15 pm – 9:00 pm (ish) (Saskatchewan time), after the regular sit
Jeanne is offering this on a dana basis.
- March 10, 2021
- Dhamma Friends
- Apr 21 – Devon Hase will be joining us
- Seasonal Sangha Walks
Join us for a walk in one of Saskatoon’s most beautiful parks.
- May 2, 2021 – to be confirmed
- Retreats and programs. Full details are available at Upcoming Events.
- Unwinding Whiteness – a nine-month program starting in September – the program is full, but we will take names on a wait list for next year’s offering
- Mar 30 – Community Circles – enjoy the refuge of the community, combining meditating with small group practises – register for or more evenings.
- Mar 19-21, 2021 – Weekend retreat with Pascal Auclair
- May 14-18, 2021 – Concentration retreat with Richard Shankman
This site last edited Mar 6, 2021