We are a community of experienced and beginning meditation practitioners in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, who find support in sharing our meditation practice.
Our vision is to create a community of inclusivity and belonging in which we learn, practise, and integrate the Early Buddhist teachings of wisdom, compassion, and lovingkindness, in our daily lives and in our communities.
We are also committed to ensuring that our teachers are well qualified and grounded in extensive practice. Our Guiding Teacher, Jeanne Corrigal, is a graduate of the 2017-2021 Insight Meditation Society’s Teacher Training Program, with Joseph Goldstein and others, and a Community Dharma Leader through Spirit Rock Meditation Center and. She teaches a weekly sitting group, classes, and retreats. Our core actives are offered freely, through the dana (generosity) tradition. Each year we offer retreats with visiting teachers who share a wide range of Buddhist practices and viewpoints with our community and the interested public.
In our sangha, we acknowledge that we are all part of Treaty 6, which is the traditional land of the Cree, Nakota, Dakota, and Saulteaux peoples, and the traditional homeland of the Métis Nation. To learn more, please see the page Reconciliation.
We want to join our voices to stand for care, compassion, safety, dignity, and justice for all people in the world, in the face of the racism that is being more widely revealed at this time. Our hearts are with the Indigenous people and People of Colour who have known the reality of this suffering for generations.
This is a wound which affects all our hearts. Many leaders in the anti-racist movement have identified mindfulness as a key part of wise response – a powerful path to heal the trauma of racism for Indigenous people and People of Colour, and to support white people in unwinding racist conditioning internally, and externally. And so we want to offer meditation as best we can, in our ongoing support of Reconciliation amongst all cultures, with our fall programming.
We invite you to join us!
- Weekly group meditation: All are welcome!
- When: Every Wednesday evening, 7:00 to 8:00 PM Saskatchewan time.
- Live-streaming in response to COVID-19: Our Wednesday in-person sit is suspended for now as a caring action in response to the coronavirus.
We have moved our group to an online format, so that we can stay connected as a community, and support each other in this time.
- Please register with this link to get the Zoom meeting information:
- The cost is by donation/dana.
- Our sitting group is led by our Guiding Teacher, Jeanne Corrigal, and occasionally by guest teachers or other experienced practitioners.
- For those who cannot join us live, we will record the meditation and talk by Jeanne and share those to our Facebook page after the session is done.
- Seasonal Sangha Walks
Join us for a walk in one of Saskatoon’s most beautiful parks.
- January 8, 2022 (subject to weather and health situation)
- Retreats and programs. Full details are available at Upcoming Events.
- Unwinding Whiteness – an eight-month program started October 2, 2021
- Closer Than We Think – a six-month program starting December 2021 – registration now open!
- Community Circles & the Wise Heart in Every Day Life starting October 26
- NEW! Dec 4 mini-retreat – Joy: A Light to Uplift the Heart, with Jeanne Corrigal and James Lowe
- * new date* February 5, 2022 – youth daylong with Jessica Morey – registration now open!
- February 11-13, 2022 – weekend retreat with Susie Harrington
- August 4-10, 2022 – Anglin Lake Insight Meditation Retreats with Jeanne
This site last edited November 4, 2021