Zoom hosts will support online offerings, including Wednesday evening meditations, programs (such as Community Circles, Closer Than We Think), and daylong and weekend retreats.
A host may be asked to assist with one or more of the following tasks, depending on your level of experience with hosting or co-hosing Zoom meetings and your availability:
- Starting and ending meetings
- Admitting people from the waiting room
- Welcoming people as they arrive before the session begins
- Muting participants when a teacher is giving a talk or meditation
- Monitoring chat for questions
- Setting up breakout rooms
- Starting and stopping recordings
- Providing technical support to participants with issues (connecting, audio, video, chat, raise hand)
You will need:
- Technical proficiency
- A reliable internet connection
- Experience with hosting or co-hosting Zoom meetings is desirable, or a willingness to learn.
Time commitment can vary based on your availability, e.g. 1.5 hours a week (for our regular Wednesday night sessions), 2 hours a month (for programs), or longer periods for occasional retreats.
If you are interested in this position, please email us.