Silent Insight Meditation retreats at beautiful Anglin Lake, with Jeanne Corrigal
These retreats include dharma talks, practice talks with Jeanne, reflective meditation practices, and gentle paddling each day. For more information, please email the Saskatoon Insight Meditation Community, at email@example.com. Registration will open by mid-February.
Metta by the Lake August 8-11
An immersion in kindness with the community of land, lake, sky, trees, and all beings.
Nature greatly supports this liberating heart and mind practice.
Touching the Earth Insight Retreat August 11-14
On the eve of his enlightenment the Buddha touched the earth and asked for help to awaken. On this retreat we will touch the earth with our hearts, minds, bodies, and spirits, as we follow the Buddha’s guidance in cultivating insight and in understanding our own true nature.
- You can register for one, or both, retreats. There is a limit of 16 people per retreat.
- Cost for each trip: to be confirmed – last year, it was $180, plus a food contribution equaling about $45. When you register, you will be invited to choose which food items you would like to contribute from our potluck list.
- If you are able to bring a canoe, the cost is reduced (last year was $105 per canoe).
Maximum of six canoes are needed for each retreat.
- There will also be an opportunity to offer dana to Jeanne.
- Beginning or experienced practitioners are welcome, but some experience with Insight Meditation is suggested, either through a sitting group or having attended another Insight Meditation retreat.
- Swimming and basic canoe skills are needed.
Registration is not yet open. Please watch this page, Facebook, or join our email list for notification when it opens.
These retreats are lead by Jeanne Corrigal, a graduate of Spirit Rock’s Community Dharma Leader Program, and leader with the Saskatoon Insight Meditation Community. She is currently a participant in the 2017-2021 IMS teacher training program. Jeanne has practiced Insight Meditation for 21 years, is a certified Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher and Life Skills Coach. Jeanne is Métis and one of her first teachers in loving presence was Cree Elder Jim Settee. She is a long-time canoeist.