This is for a past event. For current events, please visit our Upcoming Events page.
To dharma, to love, to ourselves and each other
A residential/non-residential weekend retreat with Jeanne Corrigal
January 25-27, 2019, at Queens House of Retreats, Saskatoon
In celebration of our 20th Anniversary year of SIMC, this retreat will explore practices which bring us home, to our inner capacity for love and wisdom.
Part of coming home, for Jeanne, has been a deepening sense of connection within the heart of the Buddha’s path and her Métis teachings. She will offer complementary practices from these two traditions throughout the meditations, dharma reflections, and gentle relational inquires of this retreat. This retreat will include small group sessions with Jeanne.
I have arrived, I am home. In the here, and in the now.
~ Thich Nhat Hanh
Tell her I know which road to take. Tell her, I know the way home.
~ Cree Elder Jim Settee
Jeanne is a Community Dharma Leader with the Saskatoon Insight Meditation Community, and a participant in the 2017-2021 IMS Teacher Training Program.
- These fees cover expenses only. An opportunity to practice dana for the teacher will be available.
- Cost for residential option: $245 if registered on or before January 11; $275 after that date. Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner January 26 and breakfast and lunch on January 27. All rooms are single occupancy.
- Cost for non-residential option: $125 if registered on or before January 11, $155 after that date. Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner January 26 and breakfast and lunch January 27.
- The full fee is due upon registration. Your spot will not be reserved until payment is received.
- Cancellation Policy:
For cancellation on or before January 11, 2019, all funds will be returned.
For cancellation after January 11 a fee of $100 will be retained.
- Please make cheques payable to Saskatoon Insight Meditation Community and send to Saskatoon Insight Mediation Community, c/o Doris Larson, 809 5th Ave. N. Saskatoon S7K 2R7. Payment by e-transfer and cash are also available.
- If cost is a barrier, we have some scholarship funds available to support you.
On line registration is available at: http://saskatooninsight.com/forms/view.php?id=26509
For a mail-in registration form, click here.
Questions? To contact SIMC, call Doris at 306 242 5004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by Saskatoon Insight Meditation Community