We are a community of experienced and beginning meditation practitioners in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, who find support in sharing our meditation practice.
Our vision is to create a community of inclusivity and belonging in which we learn, practise, and integrate the Theravadan Buddhist teachings of wisdom, compassion, and lovingkindness, in our daily lives and in our communities.
We offer a weekly sitting group and our teacher Jeanne Corrigal offers sessions for beginners, daylong retreats and classes. Our core activities are offered freely, through the dana (generosity) tradition. Each year we offer retreats with visiting teachers who share a wide range of Buddhist practices and viewpoints with our community and the interested public.
In our sangha, we acknowledge that we are all part of Treaty 6, which is the traditional land of the Cree, Nakota, Dakota, and Saulteaux peoples, and the traditional homeland of the Métis Nation.
To learn more, please see the page Reconciliation.
We invite you to join us!
- Weekly group meditation:
- When: Every Wednesday evening, 7:00 to 8:10 PM.
- Where: Hot Yoga studio, 117 20th St. West, Saskatoon (just west of Idylwyld, on South side of 20th).
- Please note: We lock our outside door at 7:00, so please arrive a few minutes early to settle in. The cost is by donation/dana. Our sitting group is led by our Community Dharma Leader, Jeanne Corrigal, and occasionally by other experienced practitioners. All are welcome to our sitting group of beginning and experienced meditators.
- Seasonal Sangha Walks We mark every season of the year with a group walking experience in one of Saskatoon’s most beautiful walking areas. We walk for about 20 minutes and visit with one another, then pause and return in silence to our starting point, where we enjoy some refreshments and further socializing. The schedule and locations for the next 12 months are as follows:
- January 14, 2018, (second Sunday in January), 2:00 PM at Meewasin Valley Skating Rink firepit
- May 6, 2018 (first Sunday in May), 2:00 PM at TBA. Bring some goodies and tea for some socializing after the walk.
- July 8, 2018 (second Sunday in July), meet at 2:00 PM at ‘Egg Money’ sculpture (aka ‘Chicken Lady’), Farmers’ Market
- September 23, 2018 (last Sunday in September), 2:00 PM at Gabriel Dumont Park. Meet in parking lot.
- Retreats and programs:
- The Path of Insight, a residential 5-day retreat with Susie Harrington – January 25-30, 2018, at Queen’s House of Retreats, Saskatoon. Full details are available at Upcoming Events.
This site last edited December 22, 2017